If this sounds like you, consider volunteering as an exam scorer for FPSC’s Examinations department.
- A current CFP® professional looking to earn Verifiable CE credits?
- An expert in the complexities of financial planning?
- Eager to contribute to and help shape your profession?
In this challenging and rewarding role, you’ll play a vital part in evaluating the knowledge and readiness of the next generation of CFP professionals.
As a scorer of the CFP examination, you’ll work closely with your assigned team, which will include other CFP professionals from across Canada. You’ll score a specific set of candidate responses in the CFP examination, a competency-based examination comprised largely of short-answer questions. FPSC staff will train and effectively prepare you to conduct this rigorous and important work.
The CFP examination scoring sessions will take place from:
- June 12 to 16, 2017 in Toronto
- December 11 to 15, 2017 in Toronto
Benefits of Participating
- Receive 20 Verifiable CE credits in the Financial Planning category and a $500 honorarium.
- Network and collaborate with other CFP professionals.
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the financial planning competencies that differentiate you from your peers and colleagues.
- Enhance your professional skills with complete immersion in financial planning.
- Build your résumé with activities that contribute to advancing the profession.
- Play a role in the evolution of CFP certification in Canada.
You must be a CFP professional and have completed the CFP examination within the past 10 years. You must have:
- An interest in education and examination standards;
- A willingness to work collaboratively;
- A commitment to enhancing your own skills; and
- Extensive financial planning expertise, preferably with specialty knowledge in one or more of the following areas: financial management, asset management, risk management, tax planning, retirement planning and estate planning.
If you are interested in this opportunity, click here to apply by February 28, 2017
. Please include a covering letter and current résumé or CV that includes the following information:
- Current job responsibilities;
- Accomplishments in the field of financial planning and specialist expertise;
- Current or previous volunteer involvement with FPSC;
- Any potential conflicts of interest;
- Professional references; and
- Preferred session (June and/or December).
As an applicant, you may be asked to participate in evaluation exercises as part of the selection process. You must also be free of conflicts of interest (i.e. examination preparatory course providers or any other situation where the information discussed or the materials used during the examination development process would be directly related to a scorer’s day-to-day work). You will be expected to sign and adhere to a Confidentiality Agreement.
FPSC will cover the cost of travel, accommodation and meals.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to learn new skills, meet and work closely with other CFP professionals and gain an inside look at critical steps along the path to CFP certification.
Thank you for your interest in this volunteer opportunity. We will contact all applicants by the end of April. If you have any questions, please email Francine Mitrakos at email@example.com