FPSC is seeking volunteers for an item writing workshop on October 16 – 20, 2017 in Toronto, ON (Multiple-choice item development). We invite you to apply to participate in developing questions for the FPSC Level 1®
Examination in Financial Planning and/or the CFP®
In this challenging and rewarding role, you will volunteer with CFP professionals from across the country, playing a vital part in shaping the next generation of CFP professionals and FPSC Level 1 Certificants in Financial Planning.
Benefits of Participating
Previous volunteers have told us that this is a unique opportunity that gives them valuable insight into the exam process and a greater respect for the CFP designation.
- Earn 30 CE credits in the category of Financial Planning;
- Have your travel, accommodation and meal costs covered by FPSC for the duration of the workshop;
- Network and collaborate with other CFP professionals;
- Play a role in the evolution of CFP certification in Canada;
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the financial planning competencies that differentiate you from your peers and colleagues;
- Enhance your professional skills with complete immersion in financial planning; and
- Build your resume with activities that contribute to advancing the profession.
To volunteer for this opportunity you must be a CFP professional with:
- An interest in education and examination standards;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills;
- A willingness to work collaboratively and give and receive constructive feedback;
- A commitment to enhancing your own skills; and
- Extensive financial planning expertise, preferably with specialty knowledge in one or more of the following areas: financial management, asset management, risk management, tax planning, retirement planning and estate planning.
You may be asked to participate in evaluation exercises as part of the selection process. You must also be free of conflicts of interest (i.e. you are ineligible if you are an examination preparatory course provider or involved in any other situation where the information discussed or the materials used during the examination development process would be directly related to your work). You will be expected to sign and adhere to a Confidentiality Agreement.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to learn new skills, meet and work closely with other CFP professionals and gain an inside look at critical steps along the path to CFP certification.
If you are interested in this opportunity, click here to apply by April 28, 2017. Please include a covering letter and current resume or CV that includes the following information:
- Writing experience;
- Current job responsibilities;
- Accomplishments in the field of financial planning and specialist expertise;
- Current or previous committee work;
- Any potential conflicts of interest; and
- Professional references.
We will contact all applicants by the end of May.
Thank you for your interest in these volunteer opportunities. If you have any questions, please contact Francine Mitrakos.