FPSC is seeking volunteers to test-write either the FPSC Level 1 Examination in Financial Planning or the CFP examination on Saturday October 13, 2018 in downtown Toronto. Test writing provides insightful validation of examination content from financial planning practitioners, and participants make an important contribution to the exam development process.
About the Exams and Sessions
- The FPSC Level 1 examination is a competency-based exam composed of multiple-choice questions. The test-writing will take place on October 13, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- The CFP examination is a competency-based exam composed of constructed-response and multiple-choice questions. The test-writing will take place on October 13, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Benefits of Participating
Previous volunteers have told us that this is a unique opportunity that gives them valuable insight into the exam process and a greater respect for the CFP designation.
- You will receive an honorarium of $200 plus four Continuing Education (CE) credits in the category of financial planning for participating in the FPSC Level 1 examination test-writing.
- For the CFP examination, you will receive an honorarium of $300 and six CE credits in the category of financial planning.
What to Expect at the Test-Writing
- You are not expected to prepare for the test-writing.
- Both exams are administered by computer.
- You will need to bring a non-programmable financial calculator, pencils and erasers.
- Directly following the writing of the exam, you will be asked to provide feedback on exam questions, structure, time provisions, format, exam day procedures, and more. This feedback is critical for the development of both exams. We need your help to ensure the validity of the content and other aspects of the exams.
To volunteer for this opportunity:
- You must have successfully completed the CFP examination or Financial Planning Examination (FPE2®) after June 2008; and
- You must not be involved in the teaching or training of future CFP professionals.
Please reply by September 26, 2018 to indicate your interest in test-writing. We will confirm with all applicants by October 2, 2018.