- A current CFP® professional looking to earn Verifiable CE credits?
- An expert in the complexities of financial planning?
- Eager to contribute to and help shape your profession?
If this sounds like you, consider volunteering as an exam scorer for FPSC’s Examinations department. In this challenging and rewarding role, you’ll play a vital part in evaluating the knowledge and readiness of the next generation of CFP professionals.
As a scorer of the CFP examination, you’ll work closely with your assigned team of other CFP professionals from across Canada. You’ll score a specific set of candidate responses in the CFP examination, a competency-based examination comprised largely of short-answer questions. FPSC staff will train and effectively prepare you to conduct this rigorous and important work.
The CFP examination scoring sessions will take place from:
- June 11th to 15th, 2018 in Toronto
- December 10th to 14th, 2018 in Toronto
Benefits of Participating
- Receive 20 Verifiable CE credits in the Financial Planning category and a $500 honorarium.
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the financial planning competencies that differentiates you from your peers and colleagues
- Enhance your professional skills with complete immersion in financial planning.
- Build your resumé with activities that contribute to advancing the profession.
- Play a role in the evolution of CFP certification in Canada.
- Network and collaborate with other CFP professionals.
You must be a CFP professional and have completed the CFP examination within the past 10 years. You must have:
- An interest in education and examination standards;
- A willingness to work collaboratively;
- A commitment to enhancing your own skills; and
- Extensive financial planning expertise, preferably with specialty knowledge in one or more of the following areas: financial management, asset management, risk management, tax planning, retirement planning and estate planning.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email Francine Mitrakos at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply by March 9th, 2018. Please include a covering letter and current resumé or CV that includes the following information:
- Current job responsibilities;
- Accomplishments in the field of financial planning and specialist expertise;
- Current or previous volunteer involvement with FPSC;
- Any potential conflicts of interest;
- Professional references; and
- Preferred session (June and/or December).
As an applicant, you may be asked to participate in evaluation exercises as part of the selection process. You must also be free of conflicts of interest (i.e. examination preparatory course providers or any other situation where the information discussed or the materials used during the examination development process would be directly related to a scorer’s day-to-day work). You will be expected to sign and adhere to a Confidentiality Agreement and an Acceptable Use Policy.
FPSC will cover the cost of travel, accommodation and meals per FPSC’s Expenses Policy.
Don't miss out on these unique opportunities to learn new skills, meet and work closely with other CFP professionals and gain an inside look at critical steps along the path to CFP certification.
Thank you for your interest in these volunteer opportunities. We will contact all applicants by the end of April. If you have any questions, please email Francine Mitrakos at email@example.com.