Are you Eligible to Write the FPSC Level 1 Examination?
Standard Route to CFP® Certification:
- Timing: You must have successfully completed an FPSC-approved Core Curriculum program within the past four years.
- Documentation: You’ll need an official transcript from your educational institution indicating your successful completion of all courses, but there's no need to submit your transcript until after you’ve registered for the exam. Please upload your transcript to your FPSC Portal no later than one month before the exam.
- Rewrites: If you’re rewriting the exam, you don’t need to submit supporting documentation.
- Exemptions: If you hold relevant financial planning qualifications or other relevant professional qualifications that qualify for exemption under Routes to CFP Certification, you may qualify for exemption from an FPSC-approved Core Curriculum program.
Fast Track with Relevant Qualification
- Documentation: You’ll need a letter from your governing professional body confirming your qualifications and good standing, but there is no need to submit this until after you’ve registered for the exam. Please upload your letter to your FPSC Portal no later than one month before the exam.
You’ll be asked to select your preferred exam location city on the FPSC Level 1 examination application. FPSC will strive to accommodate your first selection of exam location, but in the event that seats are no longer available due to capacity limitations, your backup location will be assigned. In the rare event that your first and second choice locations are full, an alternate exam location will be proposed to you. For a list of cities where the exam will take place, please refer to the Guide to FPSC Examinations.
Preparing for Success in the Exam
The FPSC Level 1 Examination in Financial Planning Practice Exam
is the ideal study tool to help ensure success in the exam. It lets you experience how the exam looks and feels as it provides feedback on your performance. Of candidates who have prepared with the Practice Exam in the past, 95% said they were more familiar with the examination software, more than 90% felt the diagnostic report provided useful feedback on their performance and 90% felt better prepared to write the exam. Visit our FPSC Study Toolkit page
for more tips and tools to get ready for the FPSC Level 1 examination.